Barrier free excursion tips
Holdiays for everybody in ARBERLAND Bavarian Forest
No matter if you want to discover the tree tops of the Bavarian Forest, enjoy the wonderful view at the summit of the Große Arber or feel the nature in the spa gardens - the ARBERLAND BAVARIAN FOREST has a lot of barrier free excursions to offer.
With the following touring tips we want to inspire you and provide a holiday experience without handicap.
These facilities are barrier free proofed and certified.
- The Arber-Bergbahn brings you to the top of the Großer Arber – the king of the Bavarian Forest. With the panorama elevator you can reach the Eisensteiner Hütte barrier free for a cosy stop with a unique panoramic view.
- The Arberseehaus at the Großer Arbersee, after a tour around the Großen Arbersee.
- In Bayerisch Eisenstein the NaturparkWelten at the border train station await you with different museums and exhibitions, the information centre for nature and national parks as well as the historic traffic station inn.
- The Glass Museum in Frauenau takes its visitors on a trip through the cultural history of glass. After that a stroll through the crystal gardens directly next to the Glass Museum is worth it – Culture and nature in combination.
- By visiting the historic oven hall of the Baron von Poschinger Glasmanufaktur in Frauenau you can make a glass souvenir by yourself at the oven of the manufactory. Just indulge in the world of glass.
- At the National Park Centre Falkenstein in the National Park Bavarian Forest near Ludwigsthal you can reach the visitors centre „Haus zur Wildnis“ over the animal enclosures comfortably on a 2,5 km long accessible circular path.
In the National Park Centre Lusen in Neuschönau the canopy pathway is located. The 1300 meter long, accessible footbridge ends on the platform of the impressing lookout at the height of 44 metres and promises a fantastic and nearly unlimited view.
The visitors centre Hans-Eisenmann-Haus as well as the catering Café Eisenmann are accessible and invite to stay and take a rest. In the Hans-Eisenmann-Haus you can get information on the offer of the National Park Bavarian Forest.
Real, authentic and overall regional products are available in the Kulinarischen Schaufenster.
A meeting point for producers, consumers respectively gourmets that are near and dear produced in the area and quality.
- The Einkaufspark Regen – a unique experiential place with a broad variety of shops, different services, doctors as well as catering.
- Spa Park Regen
- Spa Park Bischofsmais
- Joska Glasparadies in Bodenmais with Kristall Restaurant
- Silberberg Bath and sauna park with transition to the Vital Centre in Bodenmais
- Bath in Arnbruck
Bavarian Forest Zoo Lohberg
When you have individual questions you can contact the local staff or the responsible tourist information.